I’m pleased to announce that the student-written portion of the Law School Roundup will be taken over by ImNobody, over at Thanks, But No Thanks. Look for next Sunday’s Roundup over there!
I’ve really enjoyed doing the roundup for the last couple of years! Keep reading, everyone!
Welcome to my last Law School Roundup. (I’ll be announcing my successor here in a few days.) Enjoy!
- Getting Ready. A (non)Token Minority Law Student
- Working Relationship. 3L Wannabe
- Dealing. Legally numb
- In Court. Mommy on the Floor
- Wildlife. Thanks, But No Thanks
- Advice. The War of All Against All
- Regression. La Mitotera
- Reality Check. Magic Cookie
- Bar/Bri Delusions. Thrown for a Loop
Look for next week’s Roundup at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground. In two weeks, it’ll be at its new home.
Welcome to this week’s edition of the Law School Roundup! Enjoy!
- Soup It’s what’s for dinner. Ostranenie
- Lessons A list. Legally numb
- Changes However good, tough to deal with. PT-LawMom
- Ideas Pitch it! I’d buy that. Law School Sucks – And So Do Lawyers
- Update You don’t have to come back, but we wish you would. Reasonable Expectations
- Mommy Wars I wish you had hip-checked her. Butterflyfish
- Avoidance That’s taking it, um, to the extreme. The War of All Against All
- Ew I’m not saying I haven’t had a similar experience. I’m just saying, ew. A New Duck
- Singlemindedness It’s just depressing how accurate this is. Cella Bellum
- Productivity Sort of strange timing, but hey, you do what you can. Lag Liv
- Thoughtful But maybe not thoughtful enough. Think Like a Woman. Act Like a Man.
Look for next week’s Roundup at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground. I’ve received a few emails from folks who might be interested in taking over the Roundup, so if you haven’t contacted me but you are interested, let me know soon! I’ll be passing the torch in the next few weeks—maybe as soon as before my next scheduled Roundup—so the window of opportunity is narrowing!
Welcome to this week’s Law School Roundup! We all seem to be in the throes of exams, which explains the variety of non-law-school-related writing featured here…enjoy!
- Nerdery. Definitely ready for law school. Terra Nullius
- Holiday. Yet another day when lawyers still have to go to work. The Lay Judge
- Freak-out. Par for the course during exams, unfortunately. Butterflyfish
- Stretch. It’s a good thing. Starting to Melt
- Hypos. Stop it. Just because it’s exam time doesn’t mean everything is a legal question. The War of All Against All
- Online. Also a good thing. The Shark
- Training. Holistic and (maybe just a little) humorous. Frequent Citations
- Summer Vacation. For the last time? Lag Liv
- Gendered. Rings true for me, too. Magic Cookie
- Boo. I’ve seen this happen, and it does suck. Rambling Without Cause
And that’s it for this week! Look for next week’s Roundup at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground.
And a reminder—if you’re interested in stepping into my shoes and taking over the biweekley student-authored part of the Law School Roundup, let me know!
Welcome to the It’s-Late-Because-I-Was-at-a-Bachelorette-Weekend Edition of the Law School Roundup! Enjoy!
- Home Improvement. Better for the earth, too! Ostranenie
- Reality. Better for your sanity. 2L Wannabe
- Career Choices. I’m glad for mine, reading this. Mommy on the Floor
- Class Choices. You can’t take it all. PT-LawMom
- Property Violations. Of more than one kind. TJ’s Double Play
- Organization. Important, yes, but this is a a little insane. A New Duck
- Manners. I swear, they get worse every year. Lag Liv
- Stupidity. The things people don’t know. My So-Called Internet-based Life
- Payoff. It couldn’t happen to a cuter baby. Peanut Butter Burrito
- Another Kind of Payoff. I am SO JEALOUS. Yayarolly
And that’s it for this slightly delayed roundup! Look for it next week at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground. It’ll be back here in about two weeks.
On an administrative note, I’ll be graduating soon, and I’d like to pass the student half of the Roundup on to someone who will, well, still be a student. Interested? Email me.
Welcome to this week’s edition of the Law School Roundup, featuring posts by soon-to-be, current, and soon-not-to-be law students. Enjoy!
- Decision made! It’s definitely that time of year. Terra Nullius
- Still working on it. Yep, that time of year. A (non)Token Minority Law Student
- Good advice. Even if no one will actually take it. 1L Elle
- In your head. Zombie? The Lay Judge
- Killjoy. Basically, that’s law school. Mommy on the Floor
- Wordsmithing. It’s not not using your brain. Butterflyfish
- Vengeance. On hate mailers. Haters. Knocked Up (and in Law School)
- Not quite adults. When do they grow up?? Starting to Melt
- Ditto. I mean, ew. Think Like a Woman. Act Like a Man.
- Confused. Too many acronyms, too much pressure. Frequent Citations
- Lack of time. So a summary will have to do. Lag Liv
- Bob. Yeah, that’s right. Bob. Magic Cookie
- Word. It sucks and yet I will miss it. Mel Woods
- The long road. I like this description. Thrown for a Loop
- For Seriousness. That is all. katlet
That’s it for this week’s edition of the Roundup! Look for it next week at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground, and back here in two weeks.
Welcome to the Easter-Spring-Break-sorry-it’s-so-short Roundup!
- Decisions. terra nullius
- Still browsing A (non)Token Minority Law Student
- Benefits Mommy on the Floor
- Starting PT-LawMom
- Learning Butterflyfish
- Wild Frequent Citations
- Argh! the last refuge of the persecuted crack smoker
- Beards Peanut Butter Burrito
Look for next week’s roundup at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground, and then back here in two weeks.
Welcome to this week’s (timely) edition of the Law School Roundup, featuring posts by future and current (and soon to be not) law students. Enjoy!
- Winnowing. A necessary task. Terra Nullius
- Credibility. Not sure it’s worth $150,000. Fight the Hypo
- Focus. Remembering it can be helpful. Legally Numb
- Goal. Employment is, generally, the goal, so having some is good. Butterflyfish
- Seeking. It’s out there somewhere, the perfect job. Knocked Up (and in Law School)
- Fighting. What good is a law degree if you can’t fight tickets from your (law) school? The War of All Against All
- Clique. Time and place, my friends, and eventually, it’s not either. Who Owns the Fox
- Smarts. There are different kinds. Frequent Citations
- Pictures. Really are worth a thousand words. Lag Liv
- Nutshell. Definitely worth a read. Shelley’s Case
- Flyers. Seriously, isn’t it just a popularity contest? Thrown for a Loop
- Senioritis. Law school style. I’m feelin’ it, too. Yayarolly goes to law school
- LawDad. Babies, babies, everywhere! Preaching to the Perverted
Look for next week’s roundup at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground. It’ll be back here in about two weeks.
So the Roundup is starting to be a Tuesday thing! Ack!
With no further ado, here is this week’s slightly late but always fun roundup.
- Balancing. Deciding when and how to spend. Ostranenie
- Planning. And aiming for success (without too much debt). terra nullius
- Reading. A little funny (I laughed out loud). Fight the Hypo
- Healthy. For yourself, in all respects. Legally Numb
- Hunting. For jobs and ducks. Knocked Up (and in Law School)
- Translation. Not just a language problem; a culture one, too? A New Duck
- Hurt. Winter sucks, in so many ways. katlet
- Walking. Is it silly? Magic Cookie
- Noisy. And annoying, at least till you make friends. Thrown for a Loop
- Service. Or the exact opposite. Think Like a Woman. Act Like a Man.
And that’s it for this week! Look for the Roundup next week, on or around Sunday, at Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground. It’ll be back here in about two weeks.